Egusi is a West African name for the seeds of plants like squash, melons, and gourds that, when dried and ground become a staple ingredient in many West African dishes.
Particularly, in Nigerian culture, egusi is popular with pounded yam.
Egusi seeds are normally ground to make this a powder that is rich in healthy fats and protein, and then used as essential nutrients in West African Cuisine.
Egusi whole seeds are an incredibly nutrient-rich food:
- high in protein, iron, and healthy fats
- rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, and C
- an amazing source of nourishment for those on plant-based, Paleo, Keto, or other selective diets
- grain-free and gluten-free
- great for traditional African soup recipes, egusi melon seed can also add a slightly nutty taste and thickness to non-African cooking and baking
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.