Health benefits of Matoke
Matoke might be an unusual dish, but it sure is healthy because it is made from vegan ingredients and offers several health benefits. Here are a few to name:
- Matoke is a healthy and delicious food that can help you lose weight, improve your digestive system, and boost your immune system.
- Containing only 90 calories per serving, Matoke is filling enough to keep you going all day while being low in calories.
- It’s also high in fiber, which helps with weight loss.
- On top of that, it’s a good source of potassium, which aids in the regulation of blood pressure, and is full of antioxidants. For people who suffer from diabetes or are at risk for heart disease, Matoke should be included in their diet as much as possible because it helps control blood sugar levels and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- It can also help reduce blood pressure, helps reduce the risk of stroke. and inflammation, improve brain function, and promote wound healing, among other things.
- Matoke is normally cooked before consumption. Matoke has anti-inflammatory properties due to its high levels of polyphenols such as quercetin which have been shown to prevent inflammation caused by various diseases like cancer or arthritis.
- They also protect against oxidative stress from free radicals that can damage cells over time, leading to premature aging and disease development (e.g., Alzheimer’s).