Abacha (the ingredient) is made from cassava. The cassava tubers are cooked till done then sliced with a special grater. The sliced cassava is then soaked in cold water overnight, washed thoroughly and dried under the sun.
Abacha the meal, is one of those meals that are prepared with lots of ingredients. Here is a full option Abacha that contains all the possible ingredients.
Ingredients for Abacha
With Abacha, the more ingredients you use, the tastier and more "complete" it will be. So use as many as you can lay your hands on.
- 3 handfuls abacha
- 2 cups ugba
- 30 cl red palm oil
- 2 tablespoons Powdered Potash (food tenderizer)
- Fish | Mangala /Dry Fish /Stockfish
- 2 onions
- Salt and habanero pepper (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons ground cryfish
- 2 stock cubes (Knorr)
- 2 teaspoons ground ehu seeds (Calabash Nutmeg)
- Garden Eggs.
- Garden Egg leaves
- Ogiri Igbo (castor seed paste)
Other meat and vegetables for the Abacha
- 3 Fresh Utazi leaves (Gongronema latifolium)
- Ponmo / Kanda (cow skin)