Soups are one of the foods that most people tend to ignore. But do you know that soups have amazing benefits to the body? Though it might seem like a light meal, they help keep your body well-nourished and full. Though you may enjoy different variations, Ebbeh soup is one of the treats you cannot afford to miss in your diet regardless of the season.
And the best part is you can season it and customize it to a nutritional powerhouse. But for you to get a real authentic Ebbeh taste, you got to know its preparation. Though not that complex, how you quantify and choose your ingredients matters.
Ebbeh Soup Ingredients
1 pound cassava (peeled and cut into sizeable chunks)
1 large onion (chopped)
250g Banga fish (smoked with bones and flakes removed)
40g black Tamarind
4tbsp lime juice
- Clean your cassava and put them in a large cooking pot. Add water and salt until the cassavas are fully covered, then season with salt. Simmer and cook for about 15 minutes until tender.
- Drain all the water and set aside.
- With the help of a motor and pestle, pound your cassava into a thick consistency
- Sauté your onions until they are slightly brown. Add your cassavas and the other remaining ingredients apart from lime juice.
- Add about two liters of water and bring the mixture to boil. Stir and taste if the seasoning is well incorporated.
- Add lime juice and enjoy while hot.